The last 3 months have been super crazy. Great Grandma Phyllis was here for most of the summer and that was so much fun! Since Mommy wasn't working, we went to visit her at Grandma's house. We played and talked and played and went to the water park and read books and did puzzles and it was just so much fun!
Great Grandma Phyllis with all her Great Grandchildren:
Mikayla, Lila, Regan, and Me
July was pretty busy, but the bestest thing ever happened in August: Mommy started a new job! She loves her job and tries really hard to do a good job at it. Every night, at dinner time, I ask her, "So, Mom, how was your day?" She always laughs when I ask her that. Then we talk about our day. Its nice because we're almost the same! We are both learning new things and meeting new people. We both laugh and have fun, but know how to get down to business when we have to. Well, at least I do at lunch time. Eating is serious business. :) Daddy tells us about his day too and Lila throws her food on the floor. Dinner time is fun.
August went by really fast because of all the new stuff we were doing. Daycare is so much fun! I get to play with lots of other kids. Katie, the lady that watches us, is really nice and I like her a lot. Mommy drops us off in the morning and Daddy picks us up in the afternoon. We're usually playing outside when Daddy picks us up. I always look forward to going to Katie's house.
September has also been a pretty busy month. The first weekend was Labor Day weekend so Mommy and Daddy had an extra day off over the weekend. We spent the whole time redoing Lila's room. It's all pink and purple now. Yuck. But, whatever. It keeps her happy. The second weekend was the church carnival and we were in charge of the nursery at church that day. Then the 3rd weekend included a baptism for my cousins! Yay!
Last weekend, we went to Iowa to Great Grandma Berding's 90th birthday party. Her birthday is in December, like mine and Lila's, but she wanted to have the party while it was still nice enough for people to come. I had so much fun! I learned how to throw a Frisbee (sort of) and we slept in a hotel room. We didn't get any pictures of the party, because Mom had a major blonde moment and forgot the camera.
Man! My life doesn't get much better!!
Oh, wait...bad things do happen. :( Last week, Lila caught Hand Foot Mouth disease and then earlier this week, I got it. It is not fun. I had sores in my mouth, on my hands and feet and just felt crummy. Luckily, we both got over it quickly. The only good thing about being sick is that Mommy lets me watch movies all day! :)
I'm growing so fast! I'm about 36 pounds now and have gotten taller. I don't know how tall yet, but I know I've definitely grown. Lila is finally up to 23 pounds! I figure, at almost 2 years old, she's still a peanut.
Anyway...that's about it for our last 3 months. Here are some pictures for you to feast your eyes upon. :)
True gorgeousness:
Just chillin' with my crackers:
Daddy, Lila, and Me on July 4th (Lila wore a flag shirt):
Grandpa reading a story to Lila. This was the first time Lila sat with him willingly. Ever.
Grandpa, Me, and Lila
Lila in pig-tails:
That's it. :) Love you!!
Love,
DJ







No comments:
Post a Comment